The Marsten Memoirs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Marsten Memoirs

A small regional game centered on House Marsten and the Vale of Arryn.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Luke

Luke

[RP/D]  Braving the Winter Frost (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: [RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)   [RP/D]  Braving the Winter Frost (Closed) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Corrine examined the young man with interest as he bowed respectfully to her.  Luke had done more to establish order across her and her Bannermen's lands in the last month than her entire military combined... and he had done so quietly, unobtrusively, and for little reward beyond the occasional meager bounty.

She had ordered his presence, and he had come, but it was abundantly clear he'd rather be anywhere else but here.  Frost seemed to hang about him like a cloak.  The light reddish-brown hair that hung in his eyes did nothing to conceal the hardness in that forest green stare.  Eyes that were far older than most men twice his age.  

Intrigue:
Back to top Go down
Corrine Marsten
Admin
Corrine Marsten

PostSubject: Re: [RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)   [RP/D]  Braving the Winter Frost (Closed) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 4:39 pm

Lady Marsten greets Luke with a congenial smile and a nod of acknowledgement.

"Greetings, Luke. Thank you for answering my summons so promptly. Word has reached me that you have been doing many good and helpful deeds in these lands. Is this true?"

Rolls & Info:

Back to top Go down
Luke

Luke

PostSubject: Re: [RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)   [RP/D]  Braving the Winter Frost (Closed) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:35 pm

He shrugs. "I do what I do, Milady. If I am attacked by a bandit while out in the woods, I kill him, or he kills me. I suppose that helps people, but I do not do it for them." Or for you.

Intrigue:
Back to top Go down
Corrine Marsten
Admin
Corrine Marsten

PostSubject: Re: [RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)   [RP/D]  Braving the Winter Frost (Closed) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:57 pm

"I understand. We are living in cut-throat times. Regardless of your reasons, your actions have a positive effect. You have my thanks, and my attention. I'd like to offer you a chance to take your particular talents, and use them to help others, and yourself. Will you hear it?"

Roll:
Back to top Go down
Luke

Luke

PostSubject: Re: [RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)   [RP/D]  Braving the Winter Frost (Closed) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:23 pm

"You are the Lady of the Castle." He tried to keep his tone respectful, but his frustration was evident. Clearly he thought he didn't have a choice.

Intrigue:
Back to top Go down
Corrine Marsten
Admin
Corrine Marsten

PostSubject: Re: [RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)   [RP/D]  Braving the Winter Frost (Closed) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:52 pm

"I would like to invite you to become a woodsman for House Marsten. I have waived the wood-gathering tax, so there are no longer limits on how much firewood the people may gather. But some are too old, infirm, or afraid of bandits to gather any. I'd like you to help them, and assist the town guards in keeping bandits away. Perhaps some hunting too, if you feel you could manage. You would be compensated fairly, and supplied with any tools or weapons you would require. Would that interest you, Luke?"

Roll:
Back to top Go down
Luke

Luke

PostSubject: Re: [RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)   [RP/D]  Braving the Winter Frost (Closed) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:10 pm

Trapped.  Trapped like a rabbit.

Luke bit his lower lip, as he always did when he was frustrated.

"The townsfolk and I..." he trailed off. "I don't mind hunting..." he trailed off again. "There are rams, boars and deer in the upper mountains. I can't touch those because of the poaching laws..." he trailed off again, looking at Lady Marsten nervously.

Intrigue:
Back to top Go down
Corrine Marsten
Admin
Corrine Marsten

PostSubject: Re: [RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)   [RP/D]  Braving the Winter Frost (Closed) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Corrine studied the lad's expression with curiosity for a few moments, then realised what he meant. She gave him a small smile of understanding.

"Ah, of course. See? This is why fresh eyes on a problem are important. I hereby authorise you to hunt in the upper mountains. I shall ensure the guardsmen know to leave you be, but I will also compose you a writ to carry with you that states your special permission, just in case. Will you require anyone to assist you? Or do you prefer to work alone?"

Intrigue:
Back to top Go down
Luke

Luke

PostSubject: Re: [RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)   [RP/D]  Braving the Winter Frost (Closed) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 9:17 pm

Luke smiled broadly.  It was a beautiful smile and one, Corrine would come to learn, was an extremely rare occurrence.  "I usually work alone.  Sometimes I bring..." his eyes widened and he bit down so hard on his tongue it probably drew blood, "a friend."  

His eyes shifted evasively and he continued hurriedly.  "As far as firewood.  I know a number of good spots.  I can show them to Aerin.  He is one of your guardsman.  There are spots in the Black Wood too, but you probably need a couple guardsman to go with them.  Aerin could show them too, as long as he finally replaces his boots."

Intrigue:
Back to top Go down
Corrine Marsten
Admin
Corrine Marsten

PostSubject: Re: [RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)   [RP/D]  Braving the Winter Frost (Closed) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Heartened by Luke's bright smile, her own grew broader and warmer.

"Very well. I would certainly feel better about your safety if you took your friend, so you may do so. And I am sure Aerin would greatly appreciate any tips you were able to give. Thank you, Luke. Your assistance will keep many more people alive through the months to come. See Ser Garlan if you need any equipment. If there is anything else you find that you need, you may come to me for help."
Back to top Go down
Luke

Luke

PostSubject: Re: [RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)   [RP/D]  Braving the Winter Frost (Closed) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 9:34 pm

"Thank you, Milady."

Luke bowed and hurried from her presence.

Perhaps escaped was a better word.

[/scene]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)   [RP/D]  Braving the Winter Frost (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

[RP/D] Braving the Winter Frost (Closed)
Page 1 of 1