The Marsten Memoirs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Marsten Memoirs

A small regional game centered on House Marsten and the Vale of Arryn.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wandering Minstrel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Corrine Marsten
Admin
Corrine Marsten

The Wandering Minstrel Empty
PostSubject: The Wandering Minstrel   The Wandering Minstrel EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 12:04 am

As Regyn passed through the courtyard of Hartshorn castle, on his way back from Hartsbridge, he spotted Lady & Lord Marsten preparing a small group of guards and horses, loading wool blankets and sacks of onions, potatoes, and barley onto a cart.

Corrie, catching sight of the spymaster, approached him.

"Regyn, I am glad to see you. Have you any news?"
Back to top Go down
Regyn Thulan

Regyn Thulan

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Minstrel   The Wandering Minstrel EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 12:41 am

"I do... my lady" his myrish accent was thick, but his common was easy to understand despite. no matter if your on the streets of Myr or the high castle of a noble Lady, there their is always a bigger fish.

"And none of it good. Some of your... Small folk?" His voice indicated that he was still getting used to the terminology used her. "I'm sure a half wit can see that, although earlier today that old strega women was speaking against you. Your young Knight spoke bravely in your defense. There are a few of your people who question the wisdom of having all your food in one place, stating that, how you say tutte le uova nello stesso paniere? Anyways eggs and baskets be damned, it was a solid idea." He gives the slight nod of the head towards Lady Corinne.

"But trade has ground to a halt, leaving many concerned about their salt." Regyn gestures to the wagons, " but it appears you have managed to take some strain off there as well." Regyn looks seriously at Lady Corinne. "Things are bad, old ones and young ones will die die to the cold, but it would be much worse in a place where the Lord our Lady did not care so for the little folk." He sounded much more confident in this tone.

"Also there has been some talk of a crazed woodsmen coming back to town, and has been some help, apparently knows something about the woods around here." Regyn gives a dismissive shrug. "Maybe something to keep an eye on."

"There has also been some rumor of a large pack of wolves gathering, killing sheep and devouring the whole thing, not deterred by staff or stone" Regyn gives a small sad chuckle, "most likely just am excuse for the Shepherd to eat one of your sheep. But who knows the truth, perhaps it was just stolen by the bandits and the Shepard wished for a gander tale."
Back to top Go down
Corrine Marsten
Admin
Corrine Marsten

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Minstrel   The Wandering Minstrel EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 1:01 am

"Times are hard, and will get harder before we see Spring," Corrine nodded solemnly. "I had heard about the old woman stirring up unrest. We are going to speak with her and address the people shortly."

She nodded to the wagon.

"This is all we can spare at the moment, so we are going to share it out. I will have the matter of the wolves looked into. Does this woodsman you mention have a name? He might be useful."
Back to top Go down
Regyn Thulan

Regyn Thulan

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Minstrel   The Wandering Minstrel EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 1:33 am

Luke Reagan says offhandedly, it always had a memory for names. The old woman mention something about his father dying in the war when she was inveito against you."Regyn finished, obviously slipping myrish word in where common failed him.

"Would you like me to investigate him further? There we some whispers of scandal that he caused." perhaps something we can use as leverage to gain his cooperation. Always better the carrot then the stick, but if you need a stick make sure it is a big one

" that is a good thing you do," Regyn states as he turned towards the wagon, " but wood is needed for the little ones." He takes a deep sigh, noble sure do here to post with their taxes but... " perhaps if you were to waive the taxes on wood Gathering from your forests, then the small folk would be able to gather the wood they need to stay warm. The Innkeeper at the inn where I am lodging is down to a single long table and one bench, the stools have long ago gone to feed the fire. I know you use that taxes to pay for the Kings toll but maybe if you paid the taxes for them they could afford to gather the wood they need." now you have gone and done it. Just what you need is the lady to be mad at you.
Back to top Go down
Corrine Marsten
Admin
Corrine Marsten

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Minstrel   The Wandering Minstrel EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 1:58 am

Corrine regarded him with a thoughtful look, brow furrowed slightly.

"I shall consider your recommendation, Regyn. Thank you. Do look into the woodsman further. I don't recognise the name. Find out who his father was, and what the supposed scandal is. Do you want to accompany us to town? You can seek him out on your own from there, while Lord Marsten & I do our part."
Back to top Go down
Regyn Thulan

Regyn Thulan

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Minstrel   The Wandering Minstrel EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:31 am

Regyn's breath escaped his lungs, the butterflies in his stomach began to settle. "Thank you my lady. I bow to your wisdom. I will gladly accompany you and your husband to town." A half a moment's thought before he continues, "should we sing a song on our way? Perhaps to lift the spirits of the small folk? I know your leader of faith sings a bittersweet song, off key alas, but I have devised am additional verse to make it more sweet then bitter." Regyn smiles hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Corrine Marsten
Admin
Corrine Marsten

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Minstrel   The Wandering Minstrel EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 4:37 pm

"A song to lift the spirits would be welcome. Prepare your horse and we shall be on our way shortly."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Minstrel   The Wandering Minstrel Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wandering Minstrel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Marsten Memoirs :: Dawnmonth-
Jump to: